Sunday, September 17, 2000

Garden: Where the rhythm...


Where the rhythm of the world RISES and FALLS, thither my heart has reached: there the hidden banners are fluttering in the air.

Where to next: the RISING or the FALLING?


[Source: RT 68 (partial); 3.102. ham se rahâ na jây]

Here is the full poem:

LXVIII

III. 102. ham se rahâ na jây

  I hear the melody of His flute, and I cannot contain myself:
  The flower blooms, though it is not spring; and already the bee
    has received its invitation.
  The sky roars and the lightning flashes, the waves arise in my
    heart,
  The rain falls; and my heart longs for my Lord.
  Where the rhythm of the world rises and falls, thither my heart
    has reached:
  There the hidden banners are fluttering in the air.
  Kabîr says: "My heart is dying, though it lives."

No comments:

Post a Comment