Wednesday, September 20, 2000

Garden: O servant, where dost thou...


O servant, where dost thou seek Me? Lo! I am beside thee. I am neither in temple nor in mosque: I am neither in Kaaba nor in Kailash: Neither am I in rites and ceremonies, nor in Yoga and renunciation.

Next: This is the end of a path, but not the end of the garden. Return to the beginning: would you like to follow the FLUTE this time, or answer the call of the VEENA again?


[Source: RT 1 (partial); 1.13. mo ko kahân dhûnro bande]

Kaaba. This is the sacred "House of Allah" in Mecca; read more at Wikipedia.

Kailash. = Kailasa. A sacred mountain in the Himalayas, and home to Shiva.

Yoga. You can read at Wikipedia about the practice of Yoga and also about the practitioners known as Yogis,

renunciationThis refers to the life stage known as sannyasa, the final stage of the four stages of life known as ashramas.

Here is the full poem:

I

I. 13. mo ko kahân dhûnro bande

  O servant, where dost thou seek Me?
  Lo! I am beside thee.
  I am neither in temple nor in mosque: I am neither in Kaaba nor
    in Kailash:
  Neither am I in rites and ceremonies, nor in Yoga and
    renunciation.
  If thou art a true seeker, thou shalt at once see Me: thou shalt
    meet Me in a moment of time.
  Kabîr says, "O Sadhu! God is the breath of all breath."




No comments:

Post a Comment