Wednesday, September 20, 2000

Garden: I have stilled...


I have stilled my restless mind, and my heart is radiant: for in Thatness I have seen beyond Thatness. Living in bondage, I have set myself free: I have broken away from the clutch of all narrowness.

Next: This is the end of a path, but not the end of the garden. Return to the beginning: would you like to follow the FLUTE, or answer the call of the VEENA?


[Source: RT 48 (partial); 1.107. calat mansâ acal kînhî]

Here is the full poem:

XLVIII

I. 107. calat mansâ acal kînhî

  I have stilled my restless mind, and my heart is radiant: for in
    Thatness I have seen beyond That-ness. In company I have seen
    the Comrade Himself.
  Living in bondage, I have set myself free: I have broken away
    from the clutch of all narrowness.
  Kabîr says: "I have attained the unattainable, and my heart is
    coloured with the colour of love."


No comments:

Post a Comment